Our friends at Milano Global are hosting what should be a stellar event tonight. I'm going, and you should too!
The Association for International Development and Milano Global Present:
Exploring Microfinance: Models, Mission and Impact
Thursday, April 1st 6PM – 8PM
55W13th (between 5th and 6th Avenues)
Theresa Lang Community and Student Center, 2nd Floor
**Light refreshments will be served**
The booming field of microfinance is populated by a diverse group of institutions spanning the spectrum from commercial banks to grassroots NGOs. The panel will shed light on this increasingly complex world by presenting a variety of MFI operating models that reflect different organizational missions. The discussion will address the benefits and challenges as well as the differing impacts of each model. Among the issues covered will be sustainability and profitability, scale and outreach, social and financial services, gender and empowerment, as well as the impact of the financial crisis.
· Accion USA, Gina Harman, www.accion.com
· *BRAC, Susan Davis, http://www.bracusa.org
· IFMR Trust, Peter Bremberg, www.ifmrtrust.co.in
· Pro Mujer, Jana Smith, www.promujer.com
· Project Enterprise, Beth Dunphe, www.projectenterprise.org
· Howard J. Finkelstein, Law Offices of Howard J. Finkelstein, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact email@example.com with any questions and comments.
*To be finalized.
Toolkit for Transformation
5 months ago